The Other Ten Commandments
So much better than their ten. Read ’em. Learn ’em. Live ’em. (8/2008)
- Accept help when it is offered. Ask for help when you need it.
- If you keep on doing what you’re doing, you’re going to keep on getting what you’re getting.
- Commit to curing your illness; don’t accept it as a fait accompli.
- Find good doctors and caregivers and trust them.
- Be kind to your loved ones who are trying to help you.
- Talk about your feelings; don’t bottle them up.
- You deserve to eat, to be healthy, and to be happy, simply because you are a human being.
- What other people think doesn’t matter; society is stupid most of the time
- Strive for balance; avoid extremes.
- Control is an illusion.